FEATURES OF GYARU MAKEUP
Hey Acorns! There are many components to gyaru makeup that people tend to neglect. I think it's important to consider that the entirety of your makeup needs to be a cohesive combination of elements that complement and balance each other rather than separate elements that need individual fixing. This tends to be a common issue when I was learning how to do my own makeup, and something I observe in other babygals.
It's important to learn what the different features of gyaru makeup are, and babygals can recognise what they may or may not be neglecting. I will be addressing the most common features of gyaru makeup.
Features:
Eyeliner - consist of your top and bottom eyeliner that will create your tarame.
Tarame - This term refers to your droop. there are many shapes and sizes to your tarame.
Namida Bukuro - Tear bag, commonly known by the Korean term aegyosal. This is eye fat under your eyes.
Lashes - lashes tend to be a very important feature, especially in shiro gyaru composed of top and bottom eyelashes.
Brows - Gyaru makeup often consist of lightened thin, slanted and arched brows.
Contact lenses - contact lenses are very common, and are a very prominent feature in reiwa gyaru makeup styles.
Inner corner - This feature can describe a hooked or straight inner corner. sometimes you don't need one.
Eyeshadow - this can deepen your eyes, bring a pop, commonly there is a smokey gradient in shiro makeup. Kuro makeup is much more diverse from the large curved cut crease or colorful eyeshadow.
Base makeup - base makeup often, if not always, is a matte full coverage base.
Nose - straight nose contour
Nose stripe - the highlighter of your straight nose. can be matte highlighter, a shimmer and/or bold white.
Lips - often lips are a lighter color or nude to avoid drawing attention to the lips.
Blush - blush is often placed central to the cheeks to bring attention to the center of the face.
I think it's important to mention that as a babygal, you are at a stage where you are learning the basics of gyaru makeup. I would personally recommend learning more simple makeup styles, as those will set up the foundations for you to advance to much more advanced makeup styles, specifically ones under the kuro gyaru category, as the makeup will require much different techniques and an entirely different outlook on the makeup.
I'd also like to mention that you are also at a stage of a lot of experimentation; you as a babygal will be learning what does and doesn't suit your features. Do not confine yourself to one box when trying to find what does and doesn't suit you, and discover what you believe suits your face and preferences. Everyone is different! Do your research, ask for advice; it'll take a while to learn, but every gal you look at has probably been at the same stage as you! So good luck on your journey!!
I hope this post helps anyone who comes by it ! Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment